Re: Emacspeak 37 Fails to Build on ArchLinux

I'm at work now so can't get a hold of those files till tonight.  All
I did was pull in the PKGBUILD for either normal emacspeak-37 or
emacspeak-svn.  They both have the same issue.  I assume you already
have that part so far.  Now what I did to at least get the package to
build was to run the makepkg and let the error happen.  Actually,
everything else built OK but for the info pages.  Now modify the
PKGBUILD to not refetch the source and then manually go down into the
src folder of the emacspeak source tree.  Edit the Makefile in this
folder in the area where it is cd'ing to the info tree for the
install: target.  It currently says something like "make install"  You
want to change it so it will say "make -i install".  This will cause
make to ignore any errors but the info pages still don't get actually
built properly but at least the package does complete and you can use
pacman -U to install the binaries and all.  this is a terible hack at
best but does allow to get a working emacspeak installed using the
package build and tracking system of Arch.  I generally do not like
doing manual installs anymore because they are much harder to clean up
after.

I hope this works for you as I am recalling all this from memory.