Re: emacspeak for windows

I agree regarding the -q switch. However, its still included in the emacspeak.sh script on linux and we presumably want things to be as consistent as possible.

I vaguely remember there being discussion in the past about why the -q switch is there but I was never persuaded that its a good idea.

On linux I don't use the script, instead I have a line at the top of my .emacs file which loads emacspeak-setup.el. It might be better to do the same on Windows, provided that the necessary environment variables are set permanently. In that way, opening a file whose type is associated to emacs will automatically start Emacspeak.

Best wishes

Alastair