Re: emacspeak for windows

Hi

Very nice work, its great that someones finally done this.

I've got it working on my system after a few minor issues.

1. I first tried to install it with my current version of Emacs, 24.2, but it didn't work. It complained that cl-proclaim wasn't defined, I suspect that this is because of the change from cl to cl-lib in version 24.3 so bytecode compiled with 24.3 using these functions won't be backwards compatible. Once I upgraded to Emacs 24.3 this problem was solved.

2. It was now working but the speech quality was terrible, Espeak seemed to have developed a lisp. I sorted it by upgrading my version of Espeak to the latest one.

It now all seems to be working perfectly. It might be good to say in the docs that Emacs 24.3 is definitely required as well as which version of Espeak is needed.

Finally, it would be nice if the installer offered to make Desktop and Start menu shortcuts, presumably it would be very easy to implement.

Best wishes and thank you for all your work on this.

Alastair Irving