Re: Production Version 42.0 Fails to Build

Thanks for digging here and finding this out. This brings up a
fundamental question though; Shouldn't a fresh tar ball not have any
compiled objects in it? I always figured these to be "clean
uncompiled" source and the local build / make process would compile
everything fresh.

Oh and I thought I had read that g-client wasn't active anymore. Am I
missing something here?

I just did a fresh extract of the 42.0 tar ball and did a make
clean. I then captured a list of .elc files. There seems to be quite a
few. I will include the list at bottom of this  message. Yep, I
removed *EVERY* .elc file in the working directory where I did this
test build and now tha make went through to completion.

I have seen several packages over the years have an additional make
target called dist-clean or something similar and That target was
intended to ready a package for source distributions. Personally, I
would have thought the regular clean target should do likewise but I
guess the clean target was intended for re-building in an existing
project. Anyway, enough rambling for now.