emacspeak and eww

I am trying to test out the new EWW support in emacspeak.

I've built emacspeak from svn rev 9144.
Emacs is 24.4.50.1 from git.

I am trying to launch eww with m-x eww.

It prompts me for a url.  I'm trying http://www.google.com.

It spends a couple of seconds apparently loading and then presents me
with what appears to be an empty buffer named untitled.

I can't see anything in the messages buffer suggesting anything went
wrong.

Is there anything else I should be checking?

I've looked at the customizable variables and nothing stands out that
needs tweaking.

I'm running on the mac if that makes any difference.

Any advice?

Kind regards
Bart
--