Re: emacspeak pitch changes in ubuntu package not working

A Clojure server would be fun:-)

The Espeak server definitely needs an owner, and it's not me
because I dont use it.  I took a quick look and it's definitely
generating pitch changes  for voice-lock --- however the effects
are mostly inaudible.  I remember someone else saying on this
list a while ago that he/she had updated some of the values in
espeak-voices.el which is likely the shortest path to getting
something perceptible; however I also am sceptical as to whether
Espeak will sound usable with voice-lock -- frankly  it doesn't
sound all that usable without pitch changes as is.

Re language switching, see the code for the Outloud server ---
it's well written (by Guilles of Voxin ) --