Adding servers to the existing list of Emacspeak servers under Ubuntu

That's strange. After you added the entry to .servers, which is
where emacspeak gets its completions from, you may need to reload
the dtk modules -- unless that is you restarted emacs.

Here is where the  code that implements this is:
function: dtk-select-server in dtk-speak.el

You could also try  calling function  tts-setup-server-alist --
just type
(tts-setup-server-alist)
in the *scratch* buffer and hit C-x C-e with point after the  ')'