Re: Emacspeak and unicode

Hi Lubos

I am using Emacspeak with the outloud speech-server and I use its
German voice to read German text. German words with non-ascii
characters like "Löhrer" are pronounced correctly. So what you are
trying to achieve should be possible.

Have you tried setting dtk-unicode-process-utf8 to nil? This should
disable all processing by the dtk-unicode module. Ultimately, this may
not be what you want, but it can serve as a first step to test where
your problems originate.

The correct char-set names for latin-2 are latin-iso8559-2 or
iso-8859-2. I think the former contains only the non-ascii part of
latin-2, but I am not sure about this.

About dtk-unicode-untouched-charsets, this mechanism is a bit of a
hack. It is used to generate a regex to quickly find the characters
that probably need replacing. Please post some text, where emacspeak
replaces your non-ascii characters where it should not. I will try to
find a suitable value for dtk-unicode-untouched-charsets.

Best regards, Lukas