Re: Emacspeak and unicode

Hello,
Sorry but I still don't understand how all this works.
The doc says:
Variable: User Option dtk-unicode-untouched-charsets
*Characters of these charsets are completely ignored by dtk-unicode-replace-chars.

So I tried to add cp1250, cp852, but nothing happened. But for some like iso-latin-2, when I applied the change, Emacspeak reported "wrong type argument charsetp xxx".

I red whole chapter about internationalization. I understand that Emacs has its own internal encoding, which is a superset of Unicode. And it understands various other encoding for input and output. But how is this related with dtk-unicode? And if Emacs has its own internal encoding, when and how are charsets used, except for example when a file is loaded? Perhaps this has something to do with server process and what Emacspeak does before it sends the text to process...
To state it in four words, "I am totally confused." :)

Dňa 20. 8. 2015 o 17:31 raman napísal(a):
that has been posted to gmane.emacs.emacspeak.general as well.

Neither -- ie Emacspeak is not "American centric " by design, but its
default settings are definitely set up for English as the default.

For how Unicode is handled, see module dtk-unicode.el -- start first by
reading its documentation at
http://tvraman.github.io/emacspeak/manual/dtk_002dunicode.html#dtk_002dunicode

At a high-level you want to customize option
dtk-unicode-untouched-charsets to include character sets that your TTS
engine handles on its own --  so  for instance, if you have a Japanese
TTS engine, you add the relevant character sets that you use routinely
to that customization option.