Re: emacspeak operation failure

Thanks much, that did it. Before starting, I turned speakup off with numpad. Then I started emacspeak and the espeak voice came back on saying this is emacspeak after the organ notes. Also using up and down arrows produces tones on the speaker and I can get to beginning and end of buffer that way which is correct behavior.

On Wed, 24 Jun 2015, Christopher Chaltain wrote:

Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 20:48:48
From: Christopher Chaltain <chaltain@gmail.com>
To: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@panix.com>, emacspeak@cs.vassar.edu
Subject: Re: emacspeak operation failure

I'm not sure what you're referring to in the Makefile, and I'm using Ubuntu instead of Arch, but to get eSpeak working with Emacspeak, I first go into emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/servers/linux-espeak and make the eSpeak server. I then add the following lines to my ~/.bashrc file and that's it.

DTK_PROGRAM=espeak
export DTK_PROGRAM