Re: OS X questions

I have cloned your repo and slightly modified it for my config, copying it to ~/.emacs.d but now launching Emacs results in no speech. Here are the contents of ~/.emacs.d/lisp/tx-emacspeak.el:
;      Filename: tx-emacspeak.el
; Creation Date: Tuesday, 18 January 2011 10:21 AM EST
; Last Modified: Friday, 01 November 2013 09:58 AM EST
;        Author: Tim Cross <tcross@xxxxxxxxxxx>
;

(if *is-a-mac*
  (progn
   (defconst *emacspeak-src-dir* "~/emacspeak")
   (defconst *emacspeak-server* "mac"))
  (defconst *emacspeak-src-dir* "~/emacspeak")
  (defconst *emacspeak-server* "outloud"))
(add-to-list 'Info-default-directory-list (concat *emacspeak-src-dir* "/info"))

(defvar org-ans2 nil)

(when (and (not noninteractive)
           (not (featurep 'emacspeak)))
    (add-to-list 'load-path *emacspeak-src-dir*)
    (setenv "EMACSPEAK_DIR" *emacspeak-src-dir*)
    (setq dtk-program *emacspeak-server*)
    (setenv "DTK_PROGRAM" *emacspeak-server*)
    (setq emacspeak-aumix-multichannel-capable-p nil)
    (setq tts-default-speech-rate 90)
    (setq outloud-default-speech-rate 90)
    (setq emacspeak-vm-use-raman-settings nil)
    (setq mac-default-speech-rate 500)
    (setq emacspeak-erc-my-nick "codeofdusk")
    (setq emacspeak-erc-speak-all-participants t)
    (setq emacspeak-play-program "/usr/local/bin/play")
    (add-hook 'emacspeak-startup-hook
              (lambda ()
                (dtk-set-rate tts-default-speech-rate 1)
                (dtk-interp-sync)
                (emacspeak-toggle-auditory-icons t)))
    (load-file (concat *emacspeak-src-dir* "/lisp/emacspeak-setup.el")))

(provide 'tx-emacspeak)