Re: Emacspeak ignores custom values from the .emacs file

Steve,

thanks and it is great if some of what I have there is helpful. Note that the documentation in my file is far more extensive than would normally be the case as I added a lot with the objective of being useful to others. When using literate programming for myself, I would normally have a lot less text/comments and what would be there would be specific to the code. The point is, literate programming does not necessarily mean a huge amount of comments.

If you want to experiment with this approach, my advice is start simple. We are all different with respect to what works and what does not. I'm a strong believer in 'cherry picking' from the ideas of others. This is one of the major benefits of emacs - rather than being forced to adopt some ridged structure imposed by someone else, you can structure and manage your environment in a manner which best suits your personal way of thinking or workflow.

There are a lot of example emacs configurations on github. I've taken ideas from many such examples. I've tried many solutions which haven't worked for me and I've modified ideas from others. My approach is something which has evolved over nearly 20 years of using emacs. There have been many false starts and likely will be many more. In fact, I doubt I'll ever be 100% happy with my configuration or how I manage it.

Tim