Re: Emacspeak ignores custom values from the .emacs file

OK, for those who are interested, I have uploaded my init.org file to github. The init.org file can be downloaded and opened in emacs using org-mode. You can then run M-x org-babel-load-file <RET> init.org to generate the *.el files. Note that you probably should do this in a temporary directory and not your .emacs.d directory to see what happens. The temporary directory will also need a subdirectory called lisp for this to work correctly.

Use at your own risk. The url is https://github.com/theophilusx/emacs-init-org.git

On 11 June 2015 at 23:04, Steve Holmes <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I would be most interested in your setup. I had no idea org-mode could be used in this manner. I looked briefly at the org-babel stuff and I have to do a lot more reading to understand it fully. Apparently, you can actually execute or evaluate code from org-mode but it sounds like you are doing something different. Anyway, I think some examples here will go much further to explain how to do this.

I look forward to what you can share. Getting emacspeak working just the way we want can be a challenge.