Re: [Emacspeak] Github Issue Threads and Mailing List

Not pushing for it in anyway, but just as an FYI for those interested.

sr.ht actually is completely accessible from the command line hut
tool, they actually go beyond gh, as I believe every last feature of
the website is supported.

Additionally, the entire website and all features work 100% without
javascript so the experience is eww is actually pleasant.

> On Mar 6, 2024, at 20:59, T.V Raman <raman@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> 1+ on both points.
>
> A good thing about Github is that the commandline gh lets you do
> everything you can on the Web, and by limiting ourselves to using
> email for most things and using gh to close issues, we get to be
> relatively   free of getting too tangled into the Github Web mess.
>

> Tim Cross writes:
>>
>>> For now, I'll recommend the lazy solution: do nothing, just remember to
>>> CC the list. Let's see how that scales.
>>
>> Always like the lazy approach!
>>
>> More seriously, I do feel this needs some carful thought. We want to get
>> the right balance here. I think the point about early issue discussions
>> often not being of much value to the list generally is quite
>> relevant. We don't want too much 'noise' on the list.
>>
>> Ideally, we probably want the ability to send interersting threads from
>> issues to the list - those which show how to solve a common problem or
>> those which show how people can investigate, tweak or otherwise improve
>> their emacspeak configuration.
>>
>> As a trial and to see how useful the list finds it, I'd agree that what
>> we should do is just CC the list when an issue seems worthwhile to share
>> with everyone.
>>
>> BTW the point Robert mentioned regarding sourcehut mayu be worth
>> consideration. One of the main aims of sourcehut was to have workflow
>> driven primarily via email instead of JS based web interfaces. Any
>> workflow which does not include JS dependencies is likely going to be
>> better from an emacs and emacspeak perspective.

Robert "robertmeta" Melton
lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx