Re: [Emacspeak] SharpWin (AKA: Windows Native Support)

Answers inline:

1. Do you generally use a package manager tool like winget or
Chocolatey?

Yes, I use Winget, and Scoop.

2. Do you have emacs installed already? Is it in your PATH?
Which version of emacs are you using?

I don’t think so, but I’d go with the latest one I can. Package managers, like Scoop, should already put it in path.

3. In the primary screen reader you use on Windows, how hard
is it to exclude a program like Emacs from it?

Exclude? Do you mean like NVDA’s sleep mode, so it doesn’t talk? It’s just a key command away.

4. How important is it that Emacspeak on Windows work with
your current screen reader?

If it can, that would be kind of nice, but it’s not too important. Also, I wonder if it can be made to work with DecTalk on Windows?

5. Do you already have dotnet cli installed? make?

Probably. If not, it’d be easy to install it.

6. Anything else I should know / be aware of in Windows land
that will sneak up and bite me?

As I might for work reasons have to use Windows in the near
future, this likely will be my priority in the short term
while swiftmac 2 stablizes and gets merged.

Thanks for reading!

--
Robert "robertmeta" Melton
lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>