Re: [Emacspeak] SharpWin (AKA: Windows Native Support)

>> 1. Do you generally use a package manager tool like winget or
>> Chocolatey?
>>
> Yes, I use Winget, and Scoop.

Never heard of Scoop, but multiple people have mentioned it so I will
have to check it out.

>> 3. In the primary screen reader you use on Windows, how hard
>> is it to exclude a program like Emacs from it?
>>
> Exclude? Do you mean like NVDA’s sleep mode, so it doesn’t talk? It’s just a key command away.

Yep, that is exactly what I meant, on the Mac side you can have a rule
to turn off VoiceOver for certain apps.

>> 4. How important is it that Emacspeak on Windows work with
>> your current screen reader?
>>
> If it can, that would be kind of nice, but it’s not too important. Also, I wonder if it can be made to work with DecTalk on Windows?

So, talking to some NVDA plugin authors now about if creating a
plugin that connects to a FIFO is possible and if it could also
route to one side or the other for notifications.

Regarding DecTalk, since this is sort of the official solution,
I think after I finish SharpWin 1.0, which went way better than
expected, maybe shipping 1.0 tomorrow, I will be playing with
getting dtk-soft to work on MacOS first, then I will explore
Windows a bit. Just want to get solid native support built out
that is long-term supportable using the common languages (C#,
Swift) and the common libraries (.net, avspeechsynth).