Re: Problems with Emacspeak--More Transcripts

At 10:04 PM 2/9/98 -0500, you wrote:
>1. I suggest you try running without your .emacs file (rename it
>temporarily).

No difference.

>2. If you are in term mode, then C-x C-c does not work.  If you are in

I know; I'm not in term mode.

>3. If you have a buffer that visits a file, but you have still lost
>your key bindings, then I suggest you use the view-lossage command to
>recover your recent keypresses.  Here is an example, where I will
>alternate a line of keypresses with an explanation:

I can't get these commands to work.  Emacs beeps after typing in the
function show-lossage.  Emacs is such a mess that I'm having difficulty
even getting to the messages buffer to learn the reason of the beep.

I did, however, finally manage to save the error that is generated by the
c-x c-c command while running Emacspeak.  All of this comes from the one
keystroke.

-

>#
>  q 	\"ceb - Ў#8 !) #G !8 eb
#Y !J *
+	)" [nil ad-return-value get-buffer-create " *dtk-scratch-buffer* "
"C-\\(.\\)" ctrl-regexp emacspeak-scratch ad-Orig-key-description keymap
key] 4 "$ad-doc: key-description$"], 1
>Wrong type argument: listp, t [2 times]
>Wrong number of arguments: #[(keymap key &optional accept-default) " !
-

>#
>  q 	\"ceb - Ў#8 !) #G !8 eb
>#Y !J *  +	)" [nil ad-return-value get-buffer-create "
*dtk-scratch-buffer* " "C-\\(.\\)" ctrl-regexp emacspeak-scratch
ad-Orig-key-description keymap key] 4 "$ad-doc: key-description$"], 1

Any ideas?  At least this should give you guys a couple of functions and
errors to think about.  Perhaps I'm missing a file (although I've grabbed
Emacspeak from two separate sites).

Bryan

--
Bryan R. Smart