Problems with Emacspeak--solved!

This thread had died out, so, after receiving "Wow!  Its happening to me
now," messages, I decided to go ahead and post what I came up with.

I'd finally resigned myself to the popular belief that "it must be your
hardware."  I'd tried re-installing everything, downloading every update I
saw, but with no luck.

Just the last week I purchased a new Gateway Solo 2300 laptop.  I tried
installing RedHat 5/Emacs/Emacspeak on the unit, but was faced by the same
problems.

To make a long story short, my solution was to install the X version of
Emacs.  Perhaps others on this list will be able to say why this makes such
a difference, but I have no idea.  I was under the impression that the core
Emacs files were installed with both packages.  Emacs itself ran fine in
both situations, but the keybindings kept going crazy in the NoX version.

Hope this helps you new RH5 users.

Best,
Bryan

--