Re: Control characters

Ben -

You can silence tabs by setting punctuation mode to "none".  That is:
"C-e d p none".  With the DECtalk, setting it to "some" is enough to
silence a tab.

I do not see a way to silence ^G, ^H, or ^M.  Actually, I do not see
that as a bug.  They are shown on the screen, so why shouldn't they be
spoken?

                            - Jim Van Zandt