Emacspeak problems with emacs20

I use emacspeak with emacs 20.2 on Linux, Sunos4 and Solaris
and I have emacspeak sessions running for days on end --and
consequently terminal buffers that survice for many days--
and I have noticed the effect you describe-- I would also be
very surprized if simply the duration of the terminal
session had anything to do with the behaviour.

I suspect that something you run ends up leaving the
terminal buffer in some weird state.

I'd check the terminal settings, make sure that all programs
that you run in the terminal exit cleanly,
and when you first see the problem set the term to character
mode and type reset (if using bash or tcsh).

      Adobe Systems                 Tel: 1 (408) 536 3945   (W14-129)
      Advanced Technology Group     Fax: 1 (408) 537 4042
      (W14 129) 345 Park Avenue     Email: raman@xxxxxxxxxxx
      San Jose , CA 95110 -2704     Email:  raman@xxxxxxxxxxx
      http://labrador.corp.adobe.com/~raman/        (Adobe Intranet)
      http://cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/raman.html    (Cornell)