Emacspeak use and mail

Hello everyone.

Previously, I was in a situation where I was using a single Linux workstation.  It made sense to read mail locally by fetching it from a POP3 server to my local inbox.  I could then read it inside Emacs with rmail or vm.

I want to be able to check mail from other places than my home or laptop.  It makes sense to read mail from an IMAP server, but I'm not sure of what my options are with regards to IMAP and Emacs.

Neither vm or rmail have internal support for IMAP.  The only programs that appear to have this capability are things like Pine.

I know that Raman for one makes use of his home machine with his workstation.  I suppose my question is primarily to him, but wondered if anyone else would have something to say on this point.

Raman, do you connect to the remote Emacs on your workstation and read mail there?  Do you fetch it to your laptop via POP3 and read it locally?

Anyone else in this situation?  How do you handle things?

--
Bryan R. Smart                     E-Mail: bsmart@xxxxxxxxxxx
System Administrator               Home Page: http://www.pobox.com/~bsmart