Dosemu and Emacspeak

>>>>> "Raman" == T V Raman <raman@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Raman> The only problem you run into is with dos-apps that assume
Raman> (and are hard-coded to) a screen of 24X80.

A few quick thoughts that might address this (I don't use dosemu so I
don't know if this will work or not)

Use hscroll to get the 80 col.

Use a 80x28 vga screen so that when emacs kicks in it still has space
for 24 or 25 line term window.

Most vga cards support several screen resolutions.  Check the lilo
documentation to find out about changing the default or performing an
"ask" and "scan" at boot.  You will need to hook up a monitor and have
somone who can read off the options to you, but once set up it will
happen automatically.

Another alternative is the SVGATextMode package.  This will let you
change screen resolution without rebooting but requires more setup
than just picking a different default for the system.

Of course all of this other than the "hscroll-mode" is realy linux not
emacspeak so it should move off this list...  (but do let me know if
any of the above helps the problem so we know for the next time
someone asks)

Greg
--
 Greg Priest-Dorman