Re: still these auditory icons ..

Tim wrote:

> I don't know if this will help and just thought I'd mention it to
> avoid possible confusion. The two versions of play you are talking
> about are different. The one in /usr/bin is a script that uses the sox
> sound tools to play sound files on your system. The script that comes
> with emacspeak is a simple shell script that Ramon put together that
> just sends the files to /dev/audio or /dev/dsp via cat.
>
> You cannot just copy the /usr/bin/play script to
> /usr/share/emacs/site-list/emacspeak

This is exactly what i was doing :(
At the moment I have:

  /usr/bin/play
  /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/play

-- these are both "/usr/bin/sox $1 -t .au > /dev/audio".

  /usr/src/emacspeak-9.0/play
  /usr/src/emacspeak-9.0/play.def

-- these are Raman's script.

I copied
  /usr/src/emacspeak-9.0/play
over
  /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/play
and changed SOUNDDIR from the installation's
  /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/sounds
  /usr/src/emacspeak-9.0/sounds
(where installation left the sounds).

now
  ./play *.au
works fine in
  /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/
from a shell buffer inside emacs, but
  M-x emacspeak-play-all-icons
still only speaks the texts.

At least nothing is crashing at the moment.