[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
still these auditory icons ..
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: still these auditory icons ..
- From: "Jean Jordaan" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 09:41:17 +200
- Old-Return-Path: <email@example.com>
- Organization: Stellenbosch University
- Priority: normal
- Resent-Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 02:41:43 -0500
- Resent-From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-Message-ID: <"NRfuMB.A.OPD.tYQX2"@hub>
- Resent-Sender: email@example.com
Jason White <firstname.lastname@example.org.EDU.AU>:
> To make auditory icons work, ensure that the play script from the
> Emacspeak distribution is in the top-level Emacspeak directory (E.G.
I now have play in /usr/bin (where it was installed) as well as in
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/ .. both instances work fine
from the shell -- also from a shell within an emacs buffer -- but
M-x emacspeak-play-all-icons didn't play the icons the first time I
tried it, and hung speech entirely the second time. C-e C-s didn't
I'm using Emacs 20.2, Emacspeak 9.0, Mbrola 3.00a and Mbrola_server
1.3 on an i486 at 80Mhz and with 16Mb.
--jean . .. ..... ///\oo/\\\
Here are some notes I took while browsing the archive. Note that I
don't expect handholding as regards these notes and questions, I'm
just mentioning them in case the archive-organizers are interested in
- What is the relation between the files INDEX and
softpointer.txt? They seem to duplicate each other.
- According to softpointer.txt (mentioned seperately):
emacspeak/blinux/emacspeak-6.0-2.i386.rpm "Emacspeak version
97++" (= 6, including dismal?);
- According to INDEX (mentioned seperately):
emacspeak/cornell.mirror/emacspeak-7.0.tgz ("aka 98");
- What is the relation between emacspeak-dt-0.27.tar.gz and
emacspeak-dtlk-1.21.tar.gz ? The fact that the second comes as a
- emacspeak/blinux/mbrola_server/mbrola_server_1.1.tar.gz ; from
the net: mbrola_server/mbrola_server_1.3.tgz
- The files 0README.blinux, mbrola-3.00a.README and README.mbrola
are all versions of the same document. Any important differences?
- ditto for mbrola/blinux/tar.gz/README.files and
- ditto for mbrola/blinux/RPMS/README.RPMS and
- to what extent is /blinux duplicated by /tcts.mirror? I ask this
as a confused newby, not as a criticism.
To unsubscribe or change your address send mail to
"email@example.com" with a subject of "unsubscribe" or "help"
Emacspeak Files |