Multiple Emacspeak sessions

I have noticed difficulties when running two or more Emacspeak
processes, via different Linux virtual terminals, simultaneously. If
output is sent to the synthesizer from one of these processes while
the other is also active, there are problems and one of the sessions
loses speech.

Bart noted in a recent message to this list (or was it Blinux-list?)
an intention to rewrite the Emacspeak speech server as a networked
application. Would this allow resolution of conflicts between multiple
Emacspeak sessions, and is there a better short term solution?

My main intention is to be able to switch to another session while
waiting for the W3 browser to process a long document.

Regards,

Jason.