installation help

I do not recommend running the emacspeak start up script in
your boot up sequence.

Have your .profile speak some line to the synthesizer to
inform you that you have logged in successfully and start
emacs/emacspeak by hand.

After everything is working, you can put the emacspeak
startup in your personal .profile --once again I would
strongly advice against putting that in a system-wide
startup file

      Adobe Systems                 Tel: 1 408 536 3945   (W14-128)
      Advanced Technology Group     Fax: 1 408 537 4042
      W14-128 345 Park Avenue     Email: raman@xxxxxxxxxxx
      San Jose , CA 95110 -2704     Email:  raman@xxxxxxxxxxx
      http://labrador.corp.adobe.com/~raman/        (Adobe Intranet)
      http://cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/raman.html    (Cornell)