Re: log of a newbie 02/15/99

To get word wrapping etc you need to turn on auto-fill mode. You can
do this with a line like

(add-hook 'text-mode-hook 'turn-on-auto-fill)

in your .emacs file. This will turn on auto-fill mode for all text
based modes (like vm).

Ann - I'd highly recommend the vm info docs for getting up to speed
with vm. As you mentioned earlier, there are quite a few terms under
emacs/linux which won't necessarily be familiar to anyone comming from
a dos/windows world. However, on the whole, the info documentation is
usually pretty good and explains most of these terms/concepts. When I
was starting, I also found the emacs tutorial very useful in getting
me up to speed with the basic concepts/terms of emacs. You can access
the tutorial with C-h t

T.X