Error in term under emacspeak

Without seeing a debug trace it's  impossible to tell.
There is a core Emacs bug with the way extended keys are
handled that was tickled by Emacspeak in a different set of
conditions, that has been fixed by RMS for Emacs 20.4

    Tim> I have a "minor" error occuring when I run an eterm
    Tim> under emacspeak. This error does'nt happen when
    Tim> running under plain emacs, only when I have
    Tim> emacspeak loaded.

    Tim> After executing "M-x term", I'm prompted wether to
    Tim> run /bin/bash as the shell interpreter. I hit
    Tim> return to accept this and get the following error -

    Tim> error in process filter: Wrong type argument:
    Tim> number-or-marker-p, return [2 times]

    Tim> I do get an eterm running which is usable, but
    Tim> there are some minor problems such as a bit of a
    Tim> delay when entering characters (especially
    Tim> backspace and other "special" characters).

    Tim> This has been a long standing problem which I've
    Tim> generally ignored as I rarely need to use the eterm
    Tim> buffer. However, I would like to solve this problem
    Tim> if possible. Any suggestions on where to look or
    Tim> what the problem could be would be appreciated.

    Tim> I'm running emacs 20.3, emacspeak-10, RedHat 5.2
    Tim> (with kernel 2.2.5), X windows 3.3.2 and the
    Tim> Afterstep window manager.  This has been a long
    Tim> standing problem (had it with emacs 19 and all
    Tim> earlier versions of emacspeak I have used). I had
    Tim> the same problem under RedHat 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 5.0
    Tim> and 5.1 as well. I suspect its something
    Tim> misconfigured on my system, but this is only a
    Tim> guess. As I've only run into this problem under RH
    Tim> distributions (I don't remember having this problem
    Tim> when I was running under SunOS/Solaris - but don't
    Tim> have this system available anymore to check. I
    Tim> recently did a clean RH 5.2 install and found the
    Tim> same problem, so I don't think its any of extra
    Tim> emacs packages I've installed as it happens witht
    Tim> he stock RH emacs 20.3 rpms with no extra emacs
    Tim> packages.

    Tim> The problem only appears when running under X
    Tim> windows, so it could be something relating to
    Tim> either X, the window manager or key mappings. I
    Tim> suspect its a key mapping problem. Has anyone got
    Tim> any ideas? What keymap does everyone use when
    Tim> running emacs under X? If it is a key mapping
    Tim> problem, why does it only happen when running
    Tim> emacspeak and not emacs alone?

    Tim> Any solutions, educated guesses or just possible
    Tim> things to check out would be appreciated.

    Tim> Tim

      Adobe Systems                 Tel: 1 408 536 3945   (W14-128)
      Advanced Technology Group     Fax: 1 408 537 4042
      W14-128 345 Park Avenue     Email: raman@xxxxxxxxxxx
      San Jose , CA 95110 -2704     Email:  raman@xxxxxxxxxxx
      http://labrador.corp.adobe.com/~raman/        (Adobe Intranet)
      http://cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/    (Cornell)