Re: ViaVoice now available for Linux

Jim> ...  My guess is that it will only be a matter of minutes or
Jim> hours after the synthesis component of Via Voice for linux is
Jim> released before some will be complaining about the lack of a
Jim> speech server for emacspeak.

Why wait?  Lets launch a pre-emptive strike.  Wait a minute, we are
not complaining, we are be 'constructive'!

I have created emacsvoice@xxxxxxxxxxx, to join, send mail to
emacsvoice-request@xxxxxxxxxxx

The purpose of this list is to be a place (other than here) that
emacspeak users can discuss how they would like to see a voice input
for emacs work.  This way we will not annoy those folks who don't care
about this issue. Besides, it really is 'off topic'.

I think those of us using emacs with voice output are in a unique
position of contribuiting usefull ideas to the voice input folks.  If
you want to exchange ideas, with the goal of "black boxing" some of
the features, join up.  If it serves a purpose I will keep it.  If it
is not usefull I will delete it.

Greg

--
 Greg Priest-Dorman