[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: New Web search tool?



I logged in to my account on Ann's system, set the DTK_TCL variable to point
to a shell script that throws away all the input (so that nothing is done
with the output that Emacspeak sends to the speech server), and decided to
try the Web search feature to see what happens.  I pressed C-e ?, then typed
'a' to search AltaVista.  I typed in something to search for, and when the
results were ready, I went to one of the links.  When I pressed Enter to
fllow the link, I got this error message:

Symbol's value as variable is void: url-be-asynchronous

The version of W3 installed on this system is 4.0pre.25, from the RPM made
by Will Estes (it can be found in Red Hat's contrib archive).  In case it
helps, here is the /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start.el file:

(setq load-path (cons "/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/vm" load-path))
(setq load-path (cons "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3" load-path))
(load-library "vm-autoload")
(load-library "w3-auto")
;(load-library "bbdb-init-local")

My .emacs file has no W3-related code in it.

I hope these details help in finding the cause of the problem.

Matt

-- 
Matthew Campbell <mattcamp@feist.com>
Web site:  http://www.feist.com/~mattcamp/
ICQ UIN:  33005941

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
       To unsubscribe or change your address send mail to
"emacspeak-request@cs.vassar.edu" with a subject of "unsubscribe" or "help"


Emacspeak Files | Subscribe | Unsubscribe