Emacspeak with the Accent SA

If any one has any suggestions on this I'd be grateful.

I've installed Red Hat 6.0 and the emacspeak speech server 10 ?I think.

The shell is BASH.
When following the trouble shooting file available on the FTP Site, we get
as far as successfully running the test TCL file.
The Accent says:
 this is the accent SA speech driver, speakers report.

However when emacspeak is run, no speech is audible and a message is printed
to the screen saying:
Process speaker not running.

We ran a trace but couldn't see where/what was failing.

ft
HELP!!!.  Any suggestions/ideas.

Lui Greco
luig@xxxxxxxxxxx