I'm having a problem with my external doubletalk.

Hi Rick--

Please post such messages to the emacspeak mailing list so
they get archived--
I'll copy this reply to the list for this time.

    Rick> Hi Raman.

    Rick> I have a question for you.  I need to change
    Rick> either emacspeak or the doubletalk driver.  If the
doubletalk server --note terminology.
    Rick> doubletalk receives an at sign character followed
    Rick> by certain letters, it causes it to try and change
    Rick> modes.  I need to translate the at sign character
    Rick> into the word at.  This will prevent the problem.
The best place to do this --since it is doubletalk
specific is in the doubletalk server.

Look at proc clean
--this is the tcl procedure that cleans up text --at least
in the dtk-exp server.

Since the doubletalk server is a clone of the dtk-exp server
I assume it uses the same proc name --I dont know since I
didn't write it.

If it does have a proc clean --then it should have if else
clauses for punctuation all and punctuation some
--add an appropriate regsub line for the '@' sign.

TCL is well documented online --and you should be able to do
what you need by classic cut and paste programing in this
case.

If you make this change make sure to pass it back to the
author of the Doubletalk server (not to me)

Thanks,

--Raman

WWW:    http://cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/
PGP:    http://cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/raman.asc