dismal+emacspeak key not working

Hello

I'm wondering if this was a bug or if it was intentionally done. While using dismal, the control+e combination for emacspeak just says its not defined for dismal mode and beeps at me. Is it supposed to work? It is emacspeak 10.0 and dismal 1.4.

Btw, the same thing happens with ispell 3.1.20, but there's just a beep and no message at all.