Re: emacspeak installation

Pawel -

If you have a Double Talk PC, you need the device driver as Matt
indicates.  The script he mentions, /usr/sbin/dtlk-install, installs
the modular device driver and creates the device file /dev/dtlk.  You
must of course have first built the module and installed it as
/lib/modules/2.0.13/misc/dtlk.o (or whatever your kernel version is).

However, if you use a recent kernel, you can compile the support in
(so you don't have to install a module).  When you configure the
kernel, just answer "Y" to this question:

   Double Talk PC internal speech card support