Enhancements to Outloud Support, was Re: ViaVoice Alternative?

Raman, and others...

Outloud seems to crash frequently on my machines.  I haven't found where
this was mention previously, so, does anyone know which part of the Outloud
solution (TCL speech server, pearl interface code to Viavoice Outloud,
ViaVoice Outloud engine itself, etc) is responsible for the crashes?

Also, Raman, are you expecting moderate improvements in Outloud support by
the next release of Emacspeak, or is the current status of the Outloud
server expected to remain largely unchanged for the near future?

Thanks
Bryan