Re: Question on Installing EmacSpeak and Linux

Hello,

The Laptop-HOWTO at www.linuxdoc.org has a link to "Toshiba Linux Support"
http://www.tce.co.jp/linux

Try looking for your specific model at "Linux on Laptops"
http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/kharker/linux-laptop
where people have described their knowledge & experiences with
installing Linux.

Does your Toshiba laptop have a CD-ROM drive?  To install Debian
GNU/Linux on a 80486 Compaq laptop I went out and bought a CD drive
that attaches to the parallel port.  By following these instructions I
got the drive working:
http://www.torque.net/parport/paride.html

My version of linux is 2.1 which has Emacspeak 8.  In just a little
while version 2.2 will be available with Emacspeak 11 and many other
newer versions of packages that it depends upon.
http://www.debian.org
http://www.gnu.org

--
===