RE: Another Newbie with questions

As a user of both the dectalk and IBM's outloud speech synth. I would
strongly recomend you start with the dectalk and then once you get the
hang of things, install outloud.

Not sure what is hapening with your make problem.  If no one else
recognises the problem, perhpas you could send us a little more
information.  Which version of emacspeak are you trying?  If it is not
the latest, then please get that and try it.  You can get it from
vassar at http://www.cs.vassar.edu/mirror/emacspeak/emacspeak.tgz this
is always a link to the latest version which at the moment is version
12.  Also, which version of emacs are you running?  Lastly, when yu
say you can't run the make, please tell us what you are doing exactly
(for example, "I am typeing 'make' at the command prompt when in the
directory emacspeak untarred itself into.")

Please keep us informed of your progress,

Greg

--
 Greg Priest-Dorman
 priestdo@xxxxxxxxxxx