Re: Another Newbie with questions

Thanks for the response.
 There was apparnetly more than one thing wrong with my Unix install and I
have rebuilt the whole thing since my first note.
Unfortunately as far as this is concerned I am still stuck -
Emacs version with this install is 20.6.1 and works fine.
I downloaded Emacspeak Version 12.0, unzipped etc to my home dir
Changed dir to emacspeak-12.0
Typed the make config command and that appeared to work.
in the same dir typed
make emacspeak
and got this
"cd lisp; make SRC=..
make: don't know how to make %.el. Stop
*** Error Code 2
Stop in /(dir path)"
(think I will skip the synthesizer questions until I get past this)
Marti