[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: [Q]completion policy
- From: Koichi INOUE <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 01 Sep 2000 16:26:29 +0900
- Old-Return-Path: <email@example.com>
- Resent-Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 03:28:38 -0400 (EDT)
- Resent-From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-Message-ID: <"B9zE5.A.deF.Wq1r5"@hub>
- Resent-Sender: email@example.com
- User-Agent: T-gnus/6.14.4 (based on Gnus v5.8.6) (revision 03) REMI/1.14.2(Hokuhoku-Ōshima) Chao/1.14.1 (Rokujizō) APEL/10.2 Emacs/20.4 (sparc-sun-solaris2.6) MULE/4.0(HANANOEN)
We, Bilingual Emacspeak Project, are now working on a Japanese&English
capable enhancement of Emacspeak. It includes speech server and some
extension (hopefully upper compatible) to the lisp code.
Now a experimental version is working on WINDOWS for a few testers.
Sorry we have not written English homepage yet.
We have a problem of operation integrity with original Emacspeak.
Please give us some suggestion.
When TAB or spae is pressed while minibuffer-complete, Emacspeak
speaks characters between original point and current point after
But, in some case, content changes dramatically and gets shorter. For
when cwd is /proj/some/long/path/work and pressed C-x C-f, minibuffer
If one types '~/' and TAB, minibuffer gets shorter and displayes '~/'
This time, characters heard are not inserted character but substituted
In other example, there is a mime-capable mailer
In this mailer, mail address completion sometimes chages characters
leftside of cursor. In this case, completed string is not so trivial
like pathnames so that some indication may be required.
We have developping version of emacspeak-mew.el, advice package for
How should we treat the situation like this; how should we distinguish
ordinally completion and changes leftside of cursor?
It may be a problem of design policy of Emacspeak.
Software Research Center, Ricoh Co. Ltd.
To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your address on the
emacspeak list send mail to "firstname.lastname@example.org" with a
subject of "unsubscribe" or "help"
Emacspeak Files |