Re: Laptops and emacspeak

I, too, have had no appreciable problems with Emacspeak and ViaVoice on my
IBM Thinkpad T20. In fact, I've been able to get ViaVoice working under
ALSA contrary to the conventional wisdom that it should only work under
OSS.

Far more of a concern, imho, is to get common parts/devices on your
laptop. If you go in for the out of the ordinary, you'll find less
support.

--

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development

janina@xxxxxxxxxxx
(202) 408-8175
http://www.afb.org/gov.html

The invention of the printing press has been named the crowning
achievement of the past millennium. Yet, electronic publishing will soon
eclipse it. Read our White Paper: "Surpassing Gutenberg" available at:

	http://www.afb.org/ebook.html

Are you developing software? Make it accessible to blind computer users.
Read http://www.afb.org/technology/accessapp.html to learn how.