drivers in 2.4.1

hi friends
     i am sorry as this may be slightly off topic,but i am not anle to set up my Yamaha sound card.i have manged to get the 2.4.1 kernel and compiled ,installed and made the modules required.but to my surprise i found that all the yamaha drivers included in the kernel were not being compiled  into object files.only the ymfpci driver was compiled.the ymf_sb driver was not compiled.my sound card is Yamaha DS-XG  and no sound was coming when i tried the ymfpci driver and played an mp3 file.how do i make the other driver compile?thank you.

prasad