Re: read words when moving accross newlines

you are also correct --see my earlier reply this morning.
All of emacspeak functionality is dependent on the current
syntax table in effect and this dependence is mportant.

    Dm> Hi Raman and Koichi INOUE, I have seen both variants
    Dm> of the behavior in different buffers.  I guess it
    Dm> depends on syntax table used.  That is, in the
    Dm> buffers where C-j is a whitespace it is a behavior
    Dm> Raman describes.

    Dm> Regards, --Dmitry

    TVR> sorry --your user is telling you something that looks untrue
    TVR> TVR> from just doing a quick test.

    TVR> Here is some test text:

    TVR> This is a test
    TVR> TVR> Newline starts now.
TVR> Put point on "this" on the first line and start hitting M-f
TVR> when you hear the word "newline"
TVR> the cursor is on the "n" of the word "newline" which occurs
TVR> on a new line.

    TVR> Note: it may well be that there is some bizarre interaction
    TVR> TVR> with multibyte character sets and Japanese Emacs.

    Koichi> Hi, I received a report from BEP user as
    Koichi> Koichi> follows: when moving by word by word with M-f(on
Koichi> emacspeak), cursor goes to the top of next word
Koichi> and speaks the pointing word. But, if you move
Koichi> over newline, cursor point stays before newline
Koichi> and says the word after the newline.  In this
Koichi> case, actual cursor position and spoken word is
Koichi> on the different line; it seems not very
Koichi> intutive.