Re: Subject: dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: unknown output from ldd on

Janusz S. Bien <jsbien@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Date: 01 Mar 2001 20:13:51 +0100
 [...]
> As I reported some time ago on the list, debian packages created by
> alien are not the fully functional equivalent of their rpm sources,
> because RedHat pre- and post-installation script are simply ignored
> without any warning. Have a look at the script contained at the RPM
> packages and adapt them to Debian by hand.
>
> Please let me know if this helps
>
> Best regards
>
> Janusz S. Bien

Janusz:
    Yes, that helps.  I'll look at the RPM script and adapt them by
hand.  In case i'm not that good at it, does anybody on the list know
of a mini-HOWTO (or something like that) that can serve as a guide?

Regards,
--
Robert Cymbala     2nd email:  rCymbala@xxxxxxxxxxx
cymbaLa@xxxxxxxxxxx   GnuPG/PGP:  www.Lafn.org/~cymbala/pubkey.html