Re: Loss of w3

Hi Dmitry,

Well, I don't really know what your problem is, but at a guess I'd say
it could be a character set issue. I just tried the same url using
the same emacs and w3 versions and emacspeak 14 and got the page OK
(though the characters are all unreadable octal, but thats again a
character set issue I think). Bit confused by the emacspeak version
you say you installed (was that a typo 1.24?).

I would try two things -

1. Try getting the page without emacspeak running - just emacs and
w3. This will determine if its an emacspeak problem or an emacs/w3
problem. I suspect it is probably a w3 problem.

2. Try exiting emacs and restarting and again try getting the page. I
have found on occasions w3 can get a little screwed up and the only
fix I know of is to reload it.

Tim
Dmitry Paduchih writes:

>           Hi Tim.
>
> I have updated Emacspeak on sunday from cvs. It is version 1.24. After
> that update I also have a problem using w3.
> The error happens after retrival is completed. I am attaching
> backtrace here.
>
> Using Emacs 20.7-2, w3-el-e20  4.0pre.46-11
> in the Debian system.
>
> Thanks for advance,
>                 Dmitry

>  > Hi Larry,
>
>  > I know this sort of thing can be very frustrating, but we really need
>  > some more information before we can even begin to guess at things
>  > which might be causing your problems.
>
>  > I have also upgraded to emacspeak 14, but have
>  > as yet suffered no loss of functionality - I still have w3 and all
>  > the other things I had before plus the extra stuff in emacspeak 14
>  > (most of which I haven't had a chance to look at yet.)
>
>  > It would help if you can tell us -
>
>  > 1. How did you install emacspeak 14 i.e. from sources, rpm etc
>  > 2. What is in your .emacs file? Has it changed since the install etc
>  > 3. What sort of system are you running on?
>  > 4. What errors or messages (if anything) do you get when you try to
>  > run w3?
>  > 5. What have you tried to do to fix the problem so far?
>  > 6. What version of emacs and w3 are you trying to run with?
>  > 7. What are the secret herbs and spices in KFC?
>
>  > Can't guarantee being able to solve your problem, but the chances are
>  > much higher with the right information.
>
>  > Tim
>  > baggett@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> >> Hi,
> >> I have successfully installed emacspeak-14.0,
> >> but success also meant that I have lost the use of w3.
> >> Not only that, but I've lost the use of
> >> c-e?
> >>
> >> Any ideas about what has happened to me or how I can recover.
> >> It's even worse than that.
> >> I tried reinstalling emacspeak-13.0, and still I have lost
> >> w3.
> >>
> >> Thanks very much for any help.
> >>
> >> Larry Baggett

>  > --
>  > Tim Cross
>  > NorthNet Internet Services
>  > mailto: tcross@xxxxxxxxxxx
>  > phone: +61 2 6772 5973
>  > mobile: 0412 969193

Tim Cross
NorthNet Internet Services
mailto: tcross@xxxxxxxxxxx
phone: +61 2 6772 5973
mobile: 0412 969193
The contents of this email and its attachments are confidential and may be
subject to legal professional privilege and copyright.  It is intended
solely for the addressee.  Access to this email and its attachment by anyone
else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended addressee, any disclosure,
usage, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
reliance on it, is prohibited.  If you have received this communication in
error, please advise the sender immediately by reply email and delete this
message from your computer.

No representation is made that this email or any attachment is free of
viruses or other defects. Virus scanning is recommended and is the
responsibility of the recipient.