Re: help request

When you look at /proc/interrupts is there anything else trying to use
irq5?

Depending on the sound module you are using, you can probably set the
irq the card is to use by putting some config params in the
/etc/conf.modules

There is some documentation on the various sound modules within the
kernel sources, but you need to install the kernel source rpm as its
not usually installed by default.

Make sure you have applied all the updates from redhat for redhat 6.1
- I vaguely remember an update for the sndconfig rpm and that might be
what you need to do.

Tim