eshell and emacspeak

I agree with everything T. V. Raman said; and, I use both an eshell and
a regular shell (bash) all the time in EMACS, and I would just like
to add these comments from the eshell documentation in order to motivate
others to use eshell:

"Enter Eshell.  Eshell translates "shell-like" syntax into Lisp in
order to exercise the kernel in the same manner as typical system
shells.  There is a fundamental difference here, however, although it
may seem subtle at first....

   Shells like csh and Bourne shell were written several decades ago,
in different times, under more restrictive circumstances.  This
confined perspective shows itself in the paradigm used by nearly all
command-line shells since.  They are linear in conception, byte
stream-based, sequential, and confined to movement within a single host
machine.

   Emacs, on the other hand, is more than just a limited translator
that can invoke subprocesses and redirect file handles.  It also
manages character buffers, windowing frames, network connections,
registers, bookmarks, processes, etc.  In other words, it's a very
multi-dimensional environment, within which eshell emulates a highly
linear methodology."