Re: lilo and Dectalk pc

Why be crude? Insteady, you could have your system speaker beep a couple
of times. Mine beeps twice--jthat's how I know. I've attached my
/boot/message file for you to use or modify as you see fit. It should do
the trick.

Additional item is to give yourself more time to make your choice. Reset
your timeout in /etc/lilo.conf. Here's part of my
/etc/lilo.conf to give you context. 500 means 50 seconds, by the way.

boot=/dev/hda
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
compact
prompt
timeout=500
message=/boot/message
lba32
default=current
serial=0,9600N8

image=/boot/vmlinuz-new
label = new
alias = n

etc., etc., etc.

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development
				Governmental Relations Group
				American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)

Email: janina@xxxxxxxxxxx		Phone: (202) 408-8175

Chair, Accessibility SIG
Open Electronic Book Forum (OEBF)
http://www.openebook.org

Surpassing Gutenberg, at http://www.afb.org/ebook.asp

http://www.afb.org/mlkweb.asp

Learn how to make accessible software at
http://www.afb.org/accessapp.asp
  	 Welcome to Toccata ...