Re: lilo and Dectalk pc

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, helkenn wrote:

> 2.  As you may summize, I'm trying a dual boot set up first.  Lilo does
> very nicely.  However, I cannot tell when I'm prompted to make the
> selection of which os to start!  How can I get lilo to beep or otherwise
> indicate that it is my turn?

A crude alternative is to have the hard disk boot unconditionally
into one OS (say Windows) and use a diskette to boot into the
other (say linux); they you don't have to react to the lilo
prompt at all.  Not sure about Mandrake, but RedHat has a utility to
make a suitable boot diskette (mkbootdisk).

- Barry.