Re: Another documentation question

Jennifer:

At the risk of being controversial, may I suggest that we have had far too
much documentation about installation of Emacspeak, and not nearly enough
documentation about using it?
Certainly, you should say something. But the variety of distributions,
plus synthesizers, plus generations of Intel hardware, plus, plus builds a
morase. Some people fail at their attempts, of course, but most of us who
really want Emacspeak do succeed at getting an installation working.

I understand about Emacspeak being really just Emacs. But, still, there
are sufficient differences in how a blind person uses Emacs and Emacspeak
as to warrant, imho, a document that strips out all that stuff about
centering the text on the page and just deals with computing Emacspeak
style.

 On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Jennifer E Jobst wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> I'm about to start working on the installation section of the Emacspeak
> HOWTO, and  I was hoping that you all could answer a few questions to help
> decide the focus of this section:
>
> *  What distribution of Linux do you use?
> *  How did you install Linux?  For example, did you order your computer
> with Linux pre-installed, did you have sighted assistance, did you use one
> of the Speakup-patched distros, did you use the DOS-to-Linux box method,
> etc ????
> * How was your installation experience?
> * If you could change one (or two or three) things about the installation
> experience, what would you change?
> *  How did you install Emacspeak?
>
> Thanks again for your input.  I look forward to hearing from you!
>
> Sincerely yours,
>
> Jen

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development
				Governmental Relations Group
				American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)

Email: janina@xxxxxxxxxxx		Phone: (202) 408-8175

Chair, Accessibility SIG
Open Electronic Book Forum (OEBF)
http://www.openebook.org

Surpassing Gutenberg, at http://www.afb.org/ebook.asp

http://www.afb.org/mlkweb.asp

Learn how to make accessible software at
http://www.afb.org/accessapp.asp