Re: what can be done to make a blind user of linux comfortable iwth the computer system

O'Reilly offers most if not almost all titles in braille too. I only use two
books.
Running Linux
and
Linux in a nutshell.

I'ts sorta silly, you have to buy the print version to get the braille
version because you have to prove you "own" the books. But this is a good
opportunity to go half and half with a sighted friend who is learning too.
They are the most reasonably priced and easiest to comprehend books. Not
dummy books, but not braniac books either. Just Rock Solid. You can learn all
sorts of programming and stuff with them too. Perl is a good scripting
language for everybody, and probably what you want to learn once you get
comfortable with the operating system if you want to do slightly more
advanced stuff.  But programming is a very personal thing language wise, and
there are so many options. O Reilly covers most of them though.

rog

oh, The win linux questions is a good one. I played with a version of that
but i brought both operating systems down on my machine and had to reinstall
everything, so be careful! Backup!

www.oreilly.com

end of message.