Re: Vi editor

You must be very desperate to ask windows question about a visual
problem with running VI on a list dealing with emacs and speech! I
could almost understand it if your question was at least about using
emacs via hyperterminal, but .....

Anyway, I've had a  ad day, so I'll try to make someone elses better -

Your problem is almost certainly mis-matched terminal type settings -
the remote host thinks you are running VI on one terminal (lets say
vt100) and hyperterm thinks your running in another terminal type like
ansi.

Solution is to make sure the terminal emulation setting of the
hyperterm is the same as the TERM environment variable on the remote
system running VI.

Of course, a better solution is just to run emacs on the remote system
:-)

--
Tim Cross
mailto: tcross@xxxxxxxxxxx